Saturday, September 05, 2020

September Book Birthday!

by Karen English 
illustrations by Ebony Glenn 


Red Shoes follows a pair of red shoes from the original owner, a little girl in the United States, to a little girl in West Africa.  It’s a gift from her aunt as a  reward for fasting every other day during the month of Ramadan.  (Children are often introduced to the fast of Ramadan in this very voluntary way.)  --Karen English


Malika is delighted when Nana surprises her with a beautiful new pair of red shoes! And with a click-clack-click and a swish, swish, swish, Malika wears her wonderful new shoes everywhere she goes. But one day, the shoes begin to pinch Malika's toes. And alas, they don't let her forget that her feet have grown! Soon Malika and Nana are off to the Rare Finds Resale Shop, where the shoes can be resold -- so another little girl can enjoy them! --Publisher


3 - 5 years
Preschool - Kindergarten
32 pages
Scholastic Inc. (September 15, 2020)
ISBN-10: 1338114603
ISBN-13: 978-1338114607

About Karen English

I am the author of twenty-three books: twelve early readers; eight picture books; three novels.  

I began my writing “career” when I was seven.  My mother called my “book” of stories, The Miss Flouncy Stories.  I’m so grateful for the love of writing.  I consider it a gift.  I am the mother of four children and four grandchildren.  I live in Los Angeles with my husband. 

More info about Red Shoes here: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/red-shoes-karen-english/1135171382





No comments: