Monday, July 29, 2013

The Day The Crayons Quit

Illustrator/author extraordinaire Oliver Jeffers has teamed up this time with writer Drew Daywalt to make this very witty, New York Times bestseller 'The Day The Crayons Quit', which tells the story of Duncan and his box of disgruntled crayons...
oliver jeffers, the day the crayons quit, cover
...click on images to enlarge and read the letters which white and green write to Duncan...
oliver jeffers, the day the crayons quit, whiteoliver jeffers, the day the crayons quit, green
...and I love Beige's woes, "I am BEIGE and I'm proud of it. I'm also tired of being second place to Mr. Brown. It's not fair that Brown gets all the bears, ponies and puppies while the only things I get are turkey dinners (if I'm lucky) and wheat, and let's be honest - when was the last time you saw a kid excited about colouring wheat?"...
oliver jeffers, the day the crayons quit, beige

1 comment:

Julie said...

I'm going to do a post one day about pens and crayons that have minds of their own.

http://www.amazon.com/books/dp/0805092951