Friday, December 08, 2006

Do you remember Tom Terrific? Do you like Jazz? Or the Blues? Or perhaps, you are planning a trip to Prague.



Then www.genedeitch.com is the website for you! See the illustration work of Gene Deitch. Look at his beautiful Ikea-furnished apartment in Czechoslovakia (that you can rent). Listen to John Lee Hooker, and more! (A lot more!)

Tom Terrific was a cartoon created by Gene Deitch for the Captain Kangaroo show, and aired in the 1950s and 60s.

Other animated features ran on the Captain Kangaroo show, including this promotion for reading and libraries. (A must-see for all of you librarians out there.)

Thank you, www.tvparty.com

3 comments:

Kay Aker said...

Yes,yes,I do remember Tom Terrific! He lived in a treehouse and could change into any shape. I loved him and his dog Mighty Manfred the Wonderdog and even his archnemesis Crabby Appleton. These cartoons were line only so that gave them a really cool effect. Gene Deitch still very much alive! What a treasure! Thanks for this!

valerie walsh said...

When I was little my brother and I watched Captain Kangaroo and Mr. Green Jeans every morning and I loved Tom Terrific! Thanks for bringing back the memories!

Julie said...

You are welcome. I think that library promo is great too. (It really deserves its very own post.)